Audioengine P4 Premium Passive Bookshelf Speakers
A high-performance bookshelf speaker pair with the same great looks and sound as our powered speakers. Experience the signature Audioengine sound and quality but without our built-in amplifiers. Beautiful, small, and affordable, P4 is the perfect choice for your living room, bedroom or office and an ideal surround speaker for use with other Audioengine speakers in your home theater or stereo system.
Why passive speakers?
The P4 passive speakers are full-sounding bookshelf speakers in a satellite-sized package. The goal with P4 was to design a small but powerful bookshelf speaker for people that already have surround receivers or amplifiers and are looking for the same Audioengine sound and quality in a passive loudspeaker.
Already have an amplifier?
“If you already have an power amp or don’t want to give up that big surround receiver then the P4 is for you. The P4 has excellent bass response for its size, which is evident when used either as stereo speakers or as satellite surround speakers in your home theater setup. P4 sounds great sitting on stands, on a bookshelf, or mounted on a wall using the integrated threaded inserts which are compatible with most wall or ceiling mount bracket systems.”
Part of the Family
Audioengine active and passive speaker models share a similar “voicing” and overall tuning so that you are assured a matched system no matter which of our speakers or Audioengine wireless adapters you decide to add to your system.
4″ 2-way passive, front ported design
Hand-built and custom finished cabinets
5-way gold-plated binding posts
Silk dome tweeters and Kevlar woofers
Excellent performance for music and movies
Wall mount, stand or shelf placement
Works with :
Digital hybrid amplifiers (Class-D, Class-T, etc.)
Stereo and surround sound receivers, integrated amps, tube amplifiers
Whole-house music systems such as the Sonos ZonePlayer 120
What’s in the box :
(2) P4 Passive Speakers
(2) Drawstring Cloth Speaker Bags
(2) High-density foam isolation pads (attached)
(1) Setup Guide
(1) Product line brochure
- Type : 2-way passive, front ported design
- Sensitivity : 88dB ([email protected])
- Frequency response : 58Hz-22kHz
- Nominal Impedance : 4 Ohms
- Crossover Frequency : 2.8 kHz
- Amplifier Power : 10-125W per channel
- Drivers :4″ Kevlar woofers , 3/4″ silk dome tweeters
- Enclosure : 9.5mm thick MDF cabinets
- Inputs : Gold-plated, 5-way binding posts
- Weight (each) : 2.75 kg (6 lbs)
- Total shipping weight : 7.25 kg (16 lbs)
- Dimensions (each) : 228 (H) x 140 (W) x 165 mm (D) (9 x 5.5 x 6.5″)
- Shipping box dims : 330 (H) x 460 (W) x 228 mm (D) (13 x 18 x 9″)
- Finish Options : Satin Black, Hi-Gloss White, Solid Carbonized Bamboo